Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Moment I Knew I Was an American...

The moment I knew I was an American is when I saw this video for class relating to child labor in Asia and many other continents that were involved in this cruelty. I felt bad for these poor kids that had to experience all the things that they been through. When they have to report to a master almost every single day with no pay what so ever. I don't think I would be able to last in that type of environment, but since that's all they know and see, they pick up to it. It is like a family tradition that is dying to be broken but won't be able to unchain those kids until they are grown. Some of them don't even leave when they are in their grown up level.

At this moment I knew that I was blessed to be apart of this free and wealthy country with so many benefits to it and resources. It's a shame to see how other kids my age have to put up with when they live in another environment then i do. I love the fact that I am able to have the privileges that I am blessed with today living in this country.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you take so much pride in your country, but what, other then the fact that you don't have to work for a living do you think makes you American?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, Paul. But, I personally think that abused child labor exists in America as well...it's either that we don't know about it because whichever company is behind it covers it well, or our work is put in the hands of children from a completely different country thousands of miles away. Either way, we would not know.

    ReplyDelete