Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Never Let Me Down"

This song is one of those rare songs that constantly that touches something within and makes you sit back and think about what is happening in your life. Once I first I heard this song I brushed it off since it didn't have a meaning to me at the time and didn't relate to me as much as it does now. This song that is sung by the very well-known two rap artists, Kanye West and Jay-z, strikes a chord deeper than somebody could ever imagine with the simple lyrics and loud beat that constantly that is pounding into my ear drums. But normally when I listen to a song, the lyrics stop at my eardrums and don't really go much deeper than that. The chorus that is sung by a choir and woman lead singer replays within my head over and over as they cry, "When it comes to being truly true to me, one thing I found, is that you will NEVER let me down". As I take in this song I think about my cousin that was taken from me through gun violence and my grandfather how they were always there for me when ever I needed them. They answered when ever I called, when ever I would struggle, I could count on these two people to be there when I needed them. So the only thing they asked from me was to make it to the NBA, and I feel like I owe them something. But this also applies to my whole family; they would love to see me in the league and I feel as if that's how I can repay them with the help they protection they gave me. So when ever I hear this... I feel as if I have to give my best to anything I do since my family is counting on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv683WbWacE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment