Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who Am I Thankful For... Mannnnn I Don't Even Know

This blog sorry to say may be one of the hardest one I have came across yet because in this particular class I don't open myself up a lot to the people surrounding me or anybody in that class in general. I guess the person that I would say that I would may be thankful for would most likely be Darius because he lends me a pen or pencil when ever I need it and sometimes will guide me to what I may have to do in the class. But I guess the main reason why I don't really open up as much in this class is because it's a huge re-adjustment from what I came from with my old school, Kenwood Academic Center. I'm not used to all the different ethnicity around me and I'm not sure how I connect with them because I haven't really grown up around them. Like sometimes I am lost when you guys talk about some of these rock groups I guess and I'm lost completely because I have no idea who these people are. I guess I should try and open up much more because once you get me going, I don't really stop lol. But in the long run, I feel as if that day will come and I will be able to say that I'm thankful for most, if not all my classmates in this American Literature class.

2 comments:

  1. I felt th same way freshman year. After growing up in such a segregated neighborhood I felt uncomfortable being in such a diverse school. I also dont know what people are talking half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Paul. I was in a prodominantely black school and it was weird having all different ethnic groups around me. You learn to adjust and find what makes you tick though. We're glad to have a star in our class :). But really, you're cool and we can't wait to learn more about you.

    P.S. Don't worry, I don't open up to people either.

    ReplyDelete